The CFDA and Vogue have partnered on yet another project, but this time it’s not focused solely on the fashion industry. They’ve teamed up to launch Fashion for Sandy Relief, which will raise money for those affected by Hurricane Sandy. They have a few events planned for the initiative so far, but the first thing up is an auction.
Anna Wintour, Tory Burch, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, Diane von Furstenberg, and Steven Kolb, chief executive of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, at a Fashion for Sandy Relief event
The lots being bid on in the auction are sure to bring in major money as they’re not just run-of-the-mill prizes. According to Charitybuzz, the CFDA and Vogue are “mobilizing the entire industry,” and by that they mean the two organizations got some of the biggest fashion designers, models, and celebrities to offer up their time for the sake of raising funds. For instance, you can bid to attend a show at Fashion Week with Anna Wintour, tour the Vogueoffices, and eat lunch in the cafeteria at Condé Nast, but you’ll have to fork over at least $10,000. You can also hang with Anna as you tour the 2013 Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but the bid on that lot is already up to $16,000.
There are 125 lots listed on the auction’s site, with most of them closing in about 3 weeks. Photographs, brand new wardrobes, makeovers, vacations, dinners with special guests, tickets to concerts and fashion shows, and even internships are up for grabs. Every lot has been assigned an “Estimated Value,” each of which is thousands of dollars. Check out some of the most notable experiences up for auction!
- Front row tickets to a concert and a meet and greet with artists like Celine Dion or Aerosmith
- Seats at the Fall 2013 shows of Vera Wang, The Row, Charlotte Ronson, or Prabal Gurung
- Vacations at Tommy Hilfiger’s private estate on Mustique, Diane von Furstenberg’s Harbour Island beach house, or Donna Karan’s estate in Turks and Caicos
Celine Dion, Vera Wang, and Donna Karan
- Style consultations and guided shopping sprees with Francisco Costa at Calvin Klein, Brad Goreski at Kate Spade, or Brian Atwood
- Meetings and meals with Gwyneth Paltrow, Rachel Zoe, Alessandra Ambrosio, or Jenna Lyons
- Custom designs from David Yurman, Alice + Olivia, or Judith Leiber
- Internships with the CFDA, Next Models, Helmut Lang, or Olivier Theyskens
Francisco Costa, Rachel Zoe, and Olivier Theyskens
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.