The annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is right around the corner! Fans from all over the place, including tons of top celebrities, will soon flock to the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California to watch the wide range of musical acts scheduled to perform. The first weekend of Coachella runs from April 12th through the 14th while the second weekend of the event will take place April 19th through the 21st. Music isn’t the only thing that’ll take center stage during Coachella though. The past few years of the festival have proven that fashion and music really do go hand in hand.
Last year marked Coachella’s 13th year, but it was the first time the festival was spread out over two weekends instead of just one, which provided fashion brands with an even better opportunity to market themselves to all the attendees. Many labels sponsored live performances, backstage lounges for musicians and other stars, gifting suites, and parties to get their name out there. They held events both within the music festival and in various other places across California, which gave even more people “a chance to have Coachella without going to Coachella.” For instance, Madewell and Levi’s both held parties at a hotel and retail store, respectively, that featured performances by bands that didn’t perform at Coachella.
Armani Exchange, Lacoste, H&M, Mulberry, and Guess were among the many others who brought their brand to the festival. Some of the same brands will return to the festival this year, along with even more labels, while others are choosing to avoid the event. Mulberry, for example, is skipping out on this year’s Coachella after their Where the Wild Things Are-themed party held last year at the Parker Palm Springs Hotel drew in numerous stars and plenty of media attention. It’s rumored that the brand is now focusing their marketing efforts on an older and more luxurious client base rather than the young hipster crowd at Coachella.
Aside from Mulberry, many fashion labels have already announced their plans to hold events during Coachella 2013, proving that fashion will play just as big a role this year as it has in the past. Check out the roundup below of brands that’ll be giving out freebies, hosting parties and other events, and trying to draw in performers and celebrities to bring attention to their products!
- H&M will host a pool party in La Quinta, California during the festival’s first weekend and will also sponsor a tent on the festival grounds.
- Diesel+Edun will celebrate the brands’ collaboration with a musical event called Studio Africa, which will also be held in La Quinta.
- Forever 21 will host a Desert Disco at the Saguaro hotel in Palm Springs.
- ShopBazaar.com, a site sponsored by Harper’s Bazaar, will host an event at the Parker Palm Springs Hotel. Attendees will be able to “shop festival fashion, plus get nail art and try out our braid bar.”
- A/X Armani Exchange will host Neon Carnival, another concert held after the festival’s acts have wrapped up. It’ll be held at the Thermal Airport near Coachella.
- Guess will host a pool party at the Viceroy Hotel in Palm Springs.
- Lacoste will also host a pool party at an estate in Thermal, California.
Countless other fashion brands will also be at the festival to sponsor tents and giveaways. They’ll also use social media like Twitter and Instagram to attract attendees of the festival and advertise to those at home who are just checking out all the pictures of Coachella. Which event would you love to attend, or which other brands do you think will have a huge presence at this year’s festival?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.