It always creates a beautiful interest, when you try to incorporate the spring or summer trends into those of the cold season. In this respect nothing can campare to the dazzling effect spring makeup trends can leave, when used in the cold season of winter. So let’s start with the list of makeup trends for 2012;
1. Matte Complexion – inspired by the trend of the 80’s and 90’s, this trend focuses mostly on balanced-out skin tone, omit the shiny and glossy lipsticks, no illuminators or highlighters.
2. Contoured Cheeks – a high cheek bone with a touch of pink or sun blush, bronzer color under the jaw or the cheekbones (this has a slimming effect and it’ll make the face look more angular).
3. Bare eyed Mascara – with an eyelash curler and mascara, you can create the 60’s twiggy-inspired, bare-eyed look. Apply the mascara first, even before the foundation, use a lash comb to avoid lumps.
4. Metallic Colors – to make sure you get a glimpse of spring, include accents of warmer hue when applying your makeup- use loose sparkle powder, metallic sparkle (under the eye and on inner and outer corner); smoky eyes are always sexy.
5. Brows are bold but feminine – strict but groomed and neat eyebrows are in line for next season, if you need to fill the eyebrows use a brow pencil with one or two shades lighter than the hair color. This point is very individual, some women just don’t look good in bold brows, try this out before making a decision.
6. Nude vs Classic Red – this competition has been going on forever, and I think it’ll continue to do so. However, this fall we notice a tendency for more of warm nude shade. Make sure to dab the lips with a cream-based concealer, the lipstick should be one or two shades darker than the one inside your lips, for extra effect dab some loose powder over the lips.
In conclusion; spring 2012 is going to be al about bold, statement lips, bronzer, thick eyebrows, sun-kissed, light cheeks, in the style of the 80’s and 90’s.
Photos courtesy of Getty Images